Project Counsel & Litigation Highlights:
- Project Counsel, Presidio Parkway, Doyle Drive P3 Project. Advised design-build joint venture on the $1.2B project that serves as the new gateway to San Francisco. (Completion 2015).
- Project Counsel, Oakland Airport Connector (BART), a $450M design-build transit system. (Completion 2014).
- Project Counsel, John Wayne Airport. Counsel included design and construction of the $340 million airport expansion. (1985-1998).
- Lead Trial Counsel in litigation and settlement in Central Arizona Siphons, a $147M public agency pipeline lawsuit in Arizona- the largest construction defect case in Arizona history.
- Lead Counsel for $43 Million Pipeline Failure Case (Crystal Springs Pipeline, San Francisco).
- Project Counsel for the design-bid-construction of the Anaheim Ducks Arena. Year.
- Legal Counsel for the Carquinez Suspension Bridge Project ($300 Million – I-80) representing the construction joint venture. This Project is one of the largest Caltrans Projects and the first suspension bridge in 35 years in California.
- Lead Counsel for $250 million in claims associated with the SCE Laughlin, Nevada Powerplant Explosion, including six worker deaths and numerous injuries, business interruption and loss of generation capacity.
- Legal Counsel obtaining a $2.4 million recovery from bonding companies on behalf of the City of Orange; numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases and Special Counsel for a Utility District on a $40 million construction claim.
- Arbitrator, Utilities Relocation Claim in Nevada. Served as Chairman and Arbitrator on a public utilities claim for costs associated with a coal gasification power plant flare relocation claim against various engineering firms.
- Arbitrator, Casino Construction Claims Action. Served as chairman and arbitrator for a casino’s claim against designers and builders of the facility for project delay, code violations, and project abandonment.
- Corporate Counsel for Fluor Daniel, one of the world’s largest engineering and project management companies. (1980-1984).